About Fulper Pottery

Fulper Pottery InformationFulper Pottery was incorporated in 1899 although the company was well established prior to this date. The first art pottery line introduced by Fulper was Vasecraft in 1909. In 1910, Martin Stangl became Fulper's ceramics engineer. Stangl was responsible for the development of many of the art pottery forms and glazes for Fulper.

Most of Fulper's early work, up to and including the late teens, represents the superior quality glazes for which the company is famous. Fulper used approximately 100 glazes during its art pottery production days. Fulper's highest quality glazes make a striking statement even when on the most common forms.

In 1929 Stangl acquired Fulper Pottery. Art pottery continued to be produced in much smaller quantity and lower quality until about 1935. In 1935 Stangl shifted to production of dinner ware.

More Fulper Pottery Links

Photos courtesy David Ragos Auctions
^ Top